Weekly Rant- Haters

Posted by Genna | Posted in , , , | Posted on 4/15/2009

1

Contrary to the title of this post, this has little to do with NASCAR haters. No this is all about hating within the sport. You know who they are. They boo your favorite driver during intros, talk smack about them all over the place, and throw beer cans and other unidentified objects at them when they win. Yet when you stop and ask them “why do you hate so and so” what is their response? Its generally something along the lines of “he wins too much”. Right.

Now I’m the type of person who, being a Tony fan, just doesn’t care. You can hate Tony or you can like him but he’s good and none of your hating will make me not like him. I really don’t care.

But honestly. Booing a driver is not cool. Neither is throwing things at them. It is immature, stupid, not funny, and you look like a whining three year old who didn’t get his candy. GET OVER IT.

As many of you know I cannot stand Kyle Busch and in the past, I have made posts about him and why I can’t stand him. To be honest, he acts like a big whiny baby who needs a pacifier and a pat on the head to feel good about himself. But I have never and nor will I ever boo him or throw things at him when he wins. Heck, I even gave the dude a second chance after I met him (a meeting in which he was quite rude to me) and said hello to him when he passed by me at Phoenix in 2006. It got me nowhere but I felt like I was at least the bigger person for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I won’t lie- I am not above hating a driver. I really honestly do dislike a couple of drivers and I have been known to say in the past that I wish Kyle would just go to F1. But really people that go around whining and crying about this driver or that driver and talking crap (especially about their appearance) irritates the hell out of me. It is mean and it is not funny and quite frankly people who do things like that lose my respect.

Driver bashers- GROW UP.

Get a life! Take up a hobby other than going around bashing these guys. Go find something worthwhile to do with your time. Seriously.

 

Comments Posted (1)

I generally agree. But I boo *for* actions, not at people. Opposing pitcher hits my batter or another guy dumps my driver, that's a boo. Guy on a team I hate comes up to bat or a driver I hate is up for introductions: no boo.

This is my personal standard of booing ethics. :)

Post a Comment